CUGN offers a free, optional Advanced Placement Exam to determine your level of competency for placement into the following programs:
|Transfer Credit Eligibility|
|Program||AP Exam Allowed|
|Certificate in Bible||Yes – Earn up to 8 credits|
|Certificate in Preaching||Required|
|Certificate in Spiritual Direction||No|
|Certificate in Theology||No|
|Certificate in Correctional Ministries||No|
|Certificate in Ministry Leadership & Spiritual Formation||No|
|Diploma in Biblical Studies||Yes – Earn up to 12 credits|
|Associate Track – Grace Bible College||No|
|Associate Track – Crown College||No|
|Associate Track – University of Northwestern||No|
|Associate Track – Compass College||No|
|Bachelor’s Track – Grace Bible College||Yes – Earn up to 12 credits|
|Bachelor’s Track – Crown College||No|
|Bachelor’s Track – University of Northwestern||No|
|Bachelor’s Track – Compass College||No|
|Master’s Track – Grace College||Yes|
|Master’s Track – Crown College||No|
|Master’s Track – University of Northwestern||No|
|Master’s Track – Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary||No|
Successful completion of the test, or a portion of it, will allow you to earn your degree in less time and for less money.
Details and Guidelines:
- Must complete the exam in one sitting and within one hour. Failure to keep within this time limit will result in forfeiting your results.
- Exam is closed book, closed Internet and closed Bible
- The exam consists of Old and New Testament Bible multiple-choice questions.
- It is used by hundreds of other schools and thousands of students.
- The questions have been handpicked from a Christian accreditation body (Association for Biblical Higher Education).
- One attempt only allowed on this exam. No second chances are permitted.
- Log in at your convenience.
- You must score an 80 percent or better overall to pass the AP Exam.
- Scores under 80 percent will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office with an option to test out of limited courses.
- Only students accepted into CUGN’s programs are allowed to complete the exam.
To get started, fill out the general application by clicking here and indicate your desire for more information about the AP Exam.
NOTE: A student must earn at least 50% of his/her program credits by taking courses through CUGN. No Certificate or Diploma will be awarded to anyone who wishes to use the AP Exam to test out of more than 50% of the program requirements.
Questions? Click here to contact us.